Motivation is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
It's crazy how, nowadays, we go about our lives with labels plastered onto us. The common ones can range from what our zodiac sign is and how that relates to how we act whereas the others are what we are internally going through whether that be anxiety, depression, and so forth.
It's insane how we easily adapt to these labels and go about our daily lives saying things such as, "I am a Gemini. So, of course I am moody and dual sided." Or, "I have depression so there are days I cannot get out of bed and practice my self care routine."
Now amidst all these labels there is something we all have in common. It's this one simple thing that can change everything. It can make our day go from negative to positive. It can transform us into who we want to be. It can make us realize what we have been doing wrong for so long and it can even answer the question of, "Why me?"
Do you want to know what this one simple thing is? Of course you do so here it is! The simple answer is that it is our mindset. Yes I said it, our mindset. But now we must understand how we have to program our mindset to help us always win at the end.
Now don't get me wrong, there will still be stormy days and negative days where it feels like your positivity has evaporated. The good news is that with this new hack you are about to learn and master, those days will instantly become bearable and amazing.
So let's get right into it, shall we. Here are the three basic steps to live your most fulfilling positive life.
- Always find something to be grateful for. It's so easy to compare yourself to others and state things such as, "I want that fancy sports car that person has." Or, "I want to win the lottery and have more money," but the important factor here is to be grateful for the little things. What I mean by the little things is being grateful that you have functioning legs and arms, being grateful that you can see, breathe, smell, and being grateful for facts such as having clothes on your back and a roof over your head. These sayings have been repeated many times in history's sake but there was a valid reason for all that.
- Just mini side note here, turn negative comparison and jealousy of a material possession you see another having into gratefulness for what you currently have. This will not only make you happier but it will take you away from that negative loathing energy you were previously tapping into.
- Locate that inner strength that will pull you through. What this means is do what you must to activate that little voice inside your head that will yell at you (in a nice way of course) to get up in the morning and do that workout you have been dreading. That will tell you to not give up when you are not getting results right away on an endeavor you just started. That will sweep your anxiety and depression under the rug when it comes to your job or academics.
- With that being said, if you do not find and utilize that inner strength within, you will let anxiety win, you will let your insecurities win, and you will find yourself constantly in a loop of self despair wondering why you can never achieve what you want in life.
- Surround yourself with motivation. If you are around people who are always negative or are not thinking the way you do, it can be discouraging and stop you from positivity. Yes, you have to be around certain school mates and/or coworkers but you must not let negativity get in the way of your positivity.
- Its important to have a space you can go to whether it is physical or virtual that can activate your positivity and help you strive for that life you always wanted. For instance, if you are trying to get serious about getting a fitter body and changing your dieting, it really helps to follow people on social media who do those things. This actually works because once you start constantly seeing these peoples doing what they do, you will get into action and start doing those things as well.
Remember, if you do not take this seriously it will not work for you. What the mind can think, it can achieve, so beware of those pesky negative thoughts and strive on with the positive no matter how hard it gets. As the saying goes, hard works always pays off.